Friday, January 16, 2009

Too Busy,

too tired, too sick, ...
that's been me so far this year. We were all sick for the first part of the New Year. Just last night a friend called and I said I haven't been reading my Bible much so far in 2009. I said the boys have been sleeping until 7 most days so there's really no reason that I can't get up and read before then. (or a reason that I couldn't read last night before bed) but I HAD to watch the end of Gil Grissom's time on CSI, then the book that I started reading yesterday was hard to put down, before I knew it it was well past my bedtime. so when C woke up at 6, reading the Bible was the last thing on my mind. I just wanted to sleep a little longer. We both fell back asleep- I could have gotten up to read but didn't. Then I HAD to clean up the kitchen before we went to Fun Fridays which of course I couldn't miss. Somehow we had a rough morning there- the boys were sure they were on the brink of starvation. But I couldn't make myself pack them up and head home like I should have done. We stayed and then when I got home, I HAD to check email and update my blog. Hmmm... as I keep thinking about the poem I read somewhere about always making time to read, maybe I should get off the computer and go read my Bible now!

No comments: