Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Success!

Yeah! We had a big party here tonight (well, if an M&M for a 3 year old boy & several attempted phone calls to family to tell our big news counts as a party- I'm really glad C thought he was talking to Uncle B instead of his voicemail. Yes, C pooped in the potty tonight! I won't include any pictures of the event or his descriptions. But he was so excited & K was almost as excited for him so a good night!
This followed our yummy dinner- I actually cooked meat tonight for the first time in a long time. I remember way back when I thought it was harder to plan & cook vegetarian meals- don't worry James I'll cook some meat when you get home & the chicken was the boys' favorite part of dinner. I cooked the chicken in the slow cooker & the boys helped me cook the cauliflower & make the mashed potatoes this morning as part of preschool. I did learn that cherries should be on the list of foods not to give children until they're at least 3- because it's a lot of work to pit cherries for lots of kids. I started out pitting K & C's too but just couldn't keep up.

We had a good stay at home day. The boys did a sea cow show this morning- "swimming" in our big bath tub. If I'd written a "Not Me Monday" today I would have to include that I did not give my 4 year old a bath for the first time since I can remember. (although if I had waited that long, I think my icky cold would have been a good excuse + everyone knows Americans bathe too often.) I had another impulse buy yesterday at Walmart- maybe I am turning into a spender- just this week I bought some salad toppings (bacon bits), a broom, a heater (which I'm returning tomorrow), and a $4 puzzle. The boys are very excited about their new Buffalo Soldiers puzzle- they ask to do it with teamwork and I loved hearing them help each other & applaud each other's puzzle success. They asked me to take a picture to show Daddy when they finished. I put more pictures on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaklew/

No comments: