Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quiet

I was so blessed today when Jenean called to see how I was doing. She offered to take the big boys out to play so I could rest. I started to say no, but I'm so glad that she offered & I didn't say no. The boys were so excited to go play with a friend especially since we've been so homebound lately.
And T cooperated by taking another long morning nap so I spent almost 2 hours doing nothing but sleeping some on the couch- what a good morning. Then happy boys came home ready to nap (after playing with C's birthday moon sand) so T & I had a quiet afternoon to nap some more. Exactly what I needed today!
I do think that God uses times like this to teach us things- like to be a little more sympathetic when others get sick- James, the boys, friends, ... I hadn't been really sick in a long time and now remember it's not fun & doesn't feel good. I'm also reminded that people don't usually ask for help. Lots of times, I've told people to call if they need anything & they don't often call for help. Now I'm reminded that doesn't mean they couldn't use help, it's just hard to ask.

C was so excited to get an email video from James- Daddy singing Happy Birthday. K's been helping count down the days to his birthday for a week now. Tomorrow's the big day- I can't believe C is almost 3. tomorrow I'll put pics of the birthday boy & his turtle cupcake cake.

No comments: