Monday, January 12, 2009

So I know at least one of you is in great suspense waiting for me to reveal my new recipe & my surprise purchase but you'll have to get to the end of my rambling to read them. We had our first non-doctor outing since New Year's Day today: PWOC. We all enjoyed it- good playtime for the boys & time for me. I did have another of my many reminders of why we miss James here. As much as I love shopping :), I try to do it quickly so today I bought a hot touch heater for our playroom- not exactly what I meant to get.

Yesterday I got to see a friend's beautiful newborn baby . You forget just how little and sweet they are- I guess we'll see soon- 10 weeks until Kayleigh's born. I also got a reminder of how quiet is not always good. I was getting C ready for bed, K was getting ready, and T was quietly playing. I had this fleeting thought that it was a little too quiet but it was so nice I didn't go check at first. A minute or two of quiet and I knew I should go check. I walked into the bathroom and found my sweet little baby boy in his PJs all ready for bed except he was soaking wet from head to toe. And what water source can a 17 month old boy reach?
time to start over getting baby boy ready for bed.

I was tired from the day, pregnancy, 3 boys, getting over a cold, ... so I sat down in front of our TV which I was so thankful to Brian for connecting our digital converter box and turned it on to see that digital doesn't work well here. I think that's God telling me I don't need to watch it. Although I think He meant I should do something more productive- maybe spend time in His Word, get stuff done, ...

I could ramble more but I know you're dying to know my big surprise:
I bought a broom! My friends have all looked for one when they came over so I bought one. Pretty crazy huh? And now the recipe.

Cowboy Casserole (we had it last night & K said "Thank you Mommy for making me the yummy dinner" and today C asked if we "could have that cowboy dinner again."

Mix Baked Beans (one can or so), with cooked beans (I used lentils this time), appropriate leftovers (I added red beans & rice, you could add any cooked meat, rice, pasta?) and veggies (I added carrots, mixed veggies, and peppers). Put into 11x13 pan. Cover with uncooked corn bread mix (from the box or I used an allrecipes recipe.) Bake at 350 for 45 min (or until cornbread is baked.)




1 comment:

Ms. J said...

So happy to hear that you bought a broom...hope it doesn't have steel bristles like the old one...