Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pink Eye and Potty Training

When you're given lemons, make lemonade.
When you're given a week+ at home due to pink eye, start potty training!

I wish I'd thought of that last Friday when our homebound days began. To be honest, it took C crying in the middle of the night to think now might be the time. Well, it wasn't exactly the crying, it was the scene I found when I went to check on him. There was a completely boy sitting crying on his soaking wet sheets with his completely dry diaper sitting right beside him. If in the middle of the night, he can think to take off his diaper before going to the bathroom, I think he's about ready to start potty training. Plus he's been saying for months, he's going to "be potty trained when the new baby's born." And based on T's gunky eyes, we're probably homebound for a good many more days. Today was his first time standing up on the scale- 25 pounds & 31".

T's gunky eyes haven't seemed to slow him down any. He quickly joined the big boys in their costume party last night. I think we had every super hero & every Hundred Acre Woods character present- T copied his brothers bringing me costumes to put on. Now I have to listen really well to tell who is calling since T often says mama or mommy instead of crying for me.

Our days at home have been better than I thought they might be- especially considering we just got home from a fun trip, all 4 of us caught colds, & it's been pretty rainy out- so we haven't been able to get out that much. Yesterday we made boats for Jesus & his disciples. Today we made Paul & Silas' jail cell- the boys loved when their "earthquakes" knocked down the cheese & pecan walls so they could eat them.

No comments: