Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

After an trip to Florida, we came back home to our routine so we've had fewer exciting things to do but also less arguing. I think the amount of arguing among boys is directly proportional to the amount of sleep each day- it's been a long time since I took a math class so that might not be worded correctly but they generally act better when they nap/ sleep more) We celebrated New Year's Eve at times that fit my schedule just right. James IM'd at 4pm (midnight in "Dagbad" as C calls it) and then we went to a New Year's Eve party where the ball dropped at 6 ish- the boys were all very excited to stomp balloons & do the noisemakers. What a great idea- pick a time zone that fits your schedule & potluck food from there- this was Italy- lots of yummy food and fun with friends.We spent New Year's Day with Grandma. The boys were very excited to see Grandma & Uncle B. We also visited Great-Grandma but she was taking a nap. New Year's is a great time to reflect on all our blessings. God sure has been good to us. We have 3 healthy boys, wonderful families, good friends, a home & neighborhood that we really like, a terrific church. I have a wonderful husband who is a great friend & daddy- yes, we'll all be much happier when he's back home with us but he's well and should be home in 10.5 weeks (but who's counting? :) While James has been away I've done some things that I wouldn't normally do (like assemble a pirate ship- that is definitely a Daddy task), removing the door knob since I couldn't get it unlocked, ... I'm not sure those are the things meant by "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" but it's been true- God has helped us get through time of being apart. It's also a good time to think about next year- we have lots of big things coming up- did I mention James' return in 10.5 weeks? and Kayleigh's birth in 11.5 weeks. I've also been thinking a lot about being intentional- I used to listen to a radio broadcast on intentional living and really think that's important even if it's in small steps. Like my intentionally decluttering the house can be done one drawer at a time. Enough rambling, maybe I'll go clean a linen closet. Sometimes it feels like I've done stuff all day but haven't gotten anything done- then I remember the email that floated around about the man who got home from work and wanted to know what happened- everything was a wreck. the wife said "you know how you're always asking what I do all day, today I didn't do it." And then some days I hear one of our little boys sing a song about God, say a Bible verse, or do something else good that makes me think- maybe something did get done today.

No comments: