Friday, January 9, 2009

God is so good!

Last night at the end of our Family Time we sang "God is so good" by candlelight. The boys were super excited to be up a little later than usual & to get to use our new battery powered candles. As we sang, I thought it's really true. Even if I've hardly slept for the last few days, am pretty sure I coughed up a lung yesterday, & I've wiped more eye gunk & runny noses over the last few days than I would have ever imagined. We are generally healthy, we have great friends & family, James is alive & well & coming home soon, and the list goes on. I think Day 7 of being homebound had just gotten me a little down- I was actually looking forward to my doctor appointment today not just to see pics of little Kayleigh but to be out of the house for a little bit. But singing that simple song reminded of some of the little ways that God is good. Like yesterday I was getting frustrated with the kids when K & T walked in the room holding hands, or when K & C told me about the new game they made up (wrapping up presents from the playroom to give to T), getting a couple phone calls from friends/ family when I was pretty sure I had forgotten how to talk to another adult, having Leon come watch the boys today for my appointment, having K come tuck me in the couch & then play quietly by himself for few minutes this afternoon, ...



So I'm stopping the brief pity party I had for myself & going to be thankful for all the good things we have & that are coming up. I would appreciate prayer that Kayleigh she stays healthy & my weekly ultrasounds are just a precaution. And a good night sleep would be great too!

No comments: