Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Science Wednesday




Today we did our first science experiment. Actually, second- today we started with a repeat of dancing popcorn that Janelle showed us late week. Another lesson learned- popcorn doesn't dance in sprite that has been open for a week. After that didn't work I looked for another experiement that a 2 & 4 year old would enjoy. I found this website: http://pbskids.org/zoom/activities/sci/. They really liked getting the egg to float in salt water. I should have just stuck with that but I thought we'd try some more. One was supposed to be putting drops of water on a penny & the other dropping pennies in a cup- I can't say that either really looked like that but there was lots of water everywhere.


I baked spaghetti squash for dinner; we had spaghetti squash marinara with half & spaghetti squash pie with the other half (mock coconut.) I planned to attach the recipe but you can find it at allrecipes.com. We all liked dinner a lot- even the green spaghetti sauce.


K is very excited about our costume party coming up. He wants to invite all his friends. He's asked several parents at soccer & on our daily walks if their kids can go & today he wrote an invitation on the driveway. In case the writing didn't show up dark enough, K wrote "Keegan's dress up party"- I couldn't get it all in the pic but pretty cute!

I got to talk to James today. He's back in Baghdad now; hopefully we'll get pics soon. Boys were worn out today & went to bed a little after 6 pm.

1 comment:

Ms. J said...

Looks like ya'll had fun today...cute pics of the kids. See ya on Friday.

mk