Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good weekend

Fun Fridays was really fun this Friday. We went to the park by the library on post & met lots of old & new friends. The time flew by although it was harder since now I have to keep up with 3 boys at the park. I had a few easy months where K & C could do almost everything by themselves & T was content in the stroller. Now he's gotten a taste of freedom & doesn't want to stay still. Yesterday he found a set of stairs that he went up over & over & over. The big boys were excited to share their pumpkin muffins with friends. All were worn out & had good napping so we were able to go to Cadence hospitality house for dinner. I met Joan (who along with her husband Mac is the interim missionary here at Fort Bragg) at PWOC a couple weeks ago and she invited us to the House (as regulars call it.) Cadence International (www.cadence.org) is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. We had a great dinner & enjoyed meeting with everyone there. Everyone was super nice & we had a good time except T but next week we'll try setting up a bed for him there.

I tried telling the boys that we you go to bed late you can sleep in but 4:30 didn't seem like sleeping in when C came to my room. neither did 5:00 when K did. Thankfully they went back to sleep until 7. It definitely taught me that the family bed is not for me- not that we were considering it but it's impossible to sleep well with two little boys beside you. K's soccer game got rained out today but we went to Truman's Pumpkin Patch. We met several friends there & had a good time. The 10 kids all loved all the bounce houses- even T bounced for the first time. I didn't think I was going to be able to get him out. We went out a hay ride & a train ride. We did miss the ponies & petting zoo but the boys were very excited to pick out another pumpkin. I am so glad that God keeps putting great people in my life. I really look forward to getting to know new friends more! We had a slightly crazy trip to Wendy's with everyone- after we got our food all was quiet, it was just getting food ordered for 4 moms & 10 little ones that was hectic.

No comments: