Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rutabaga anyone?

I thought I would eat leftovers from the fridge for the next month (although most nights we didn't have any leftovers with our 9 eaters here!) Instead this morning I decided to make Eggplant Parmesan & cook rutabagas. They were both a big hit with the boys- C was very excited about the rutabagas- I guess I don't have wacky taste buds these days.
I took my camera with me to the soccer game this morning & didn't take any pics. K loved the game- he had a good time & ran near the ball the whole time! We all napped after lunch and then got to video chat with James for a few minute- well, video is a stretch since we couldn't see him & he couldn't see us, but we could hear each other. The boys could see us on the computer so they did some dancing.
Then, we finally made it to the haz waste disposal- this was our 3rd trip. K was so excited that it was actually open this time- so was I. After getting rid of lots of the previous owners' paint, we went to the children's museum. All three boys had a blast- T was content to watch for a little while and then needed to be in the mix. He climbed right up into the news truck with the boys, turned the gear, & was a terrific mail sorter in the mailroom. After our yummy dinner, the boys were very excited to try out their new Thomas bath toys & sesame street tooth brushes.
I was reminded tonight of a question a new friend asked at the park yesterday. C told her "I'm 2" and she was sure that he wasn't bc he talks so well. Tonight K picked "Jesus and the 12 Dudes who Did" for our night-night book. C said "there's a song about that" and then sang almost all of it. He got as many disciple names right as I do- that doesn't sound very 2 does it? That reminds me I need to go look up the rest of the names, I always mess up the end. We miss you James!

No comments: