Thursday, October 16, 2008

Elephant Stampede

This morning at 0530 I heard a herd of elephants storming across the house. I thought please let this be part of my dream. I love my little boys but would really be happier to see them at 0700. They did manage to stay quiet enough not to wake up the little one.

Today I signed K up for Karate & C for gymnastics- although C says he wants to be in K's class. Then, we went to the park by the airstrip on Pope AFB. I'd forgotten that it's such a nice park & the boys loved seeing the planes fly overhead. We met some new moms & kids there & are looking forward to Fun Fridays tomorrow.

I don't know if it was the 5:30 wakeup or all the playing at the park but K & C both took good naps & were excited to wake up to see the Sprinkler Man here. He was very nice to the boys; they told him all about their bikes, their Daddy, playing soccer, & everything else important to little boys. Between their questions, he was able to find all the places our sprinkler system was falling apart.

We've had some yummy smoothies recently. K asked for a Funky Pig today but was happy with his pumpkin smoothie. I don't have a recipe for a Funky Pig- we do have Funky Monkeys (peanuts, walnuts, cashews, powdered milk, water, banana) & Funky Horsies (same but apple instead of banana.) Powdered milk is so handy!

No comments: