Thursday, February 26, 2015

More Home Fun

so after 3 weeks of barely leaving the house, we were all healthy. I thought we'd be out and about but we haven't. We did enjoy getting out over the weekend- the ROC, church, and friend's house, but we stayed home most of this week too.

Monday we did go to the library- the kids get so excited to check out new books and I love that we can order books. This week we picked up a couple books from the Boone library and a few others across the state. The kids enjoyed the Lego Math class.
T and C worked on symmetry

KG did lots of counting, adding, and comparing with legos

 C's symmetry

T 's symmetry

5th graders built the Eiffel Tower
 We did try to go to my doctor's appointment Tuesday morning but after I slid the second time, I turned around and decided to reschedule for next week. So what did we do this week?


I thought they did a great job- built this together 
while BG and I stayed in by the fire

We did a lot of baking- each of the kids helped me bake something. KG-banana muffins, T breakfast casserole, KG granola, and C birds nest pudding. C has been reading little house books and read about one of Almanzo's favorite desserts. It was really good- next time we'll use six smaller apples instead of three big ones. 


 BG did venture outside once it warmed up enough for snow to start melting :)
 We've been enjoying Anne Voskamps's A Child's Geography. This model shows our atmosphere.
 One of my favorite things we've done is this. Me reading a book on the couch while kids play checkers, read,

play legos, ...

i do miss the warm days where we would go on walks, bike rides, meet friends at the park but cold days at home are nice too!

No comments: