Sunday, March 29, 2009

KG's arrival

Our sweet little girl




James and I got to the hospital Thursday at 6 am and walked right into a labor room to get ready for my C-section. The doctors and nurses were super nice and we had a nice, slow C-section prep while my parents watched the boys at home (actually I think they slept until around when we went into the OR.)

Here's James in his jumpsuit scrubs- he thought he was ready for a chemical attack
I Once we got in the OR everything happened real quick. At 8:12 am, I could hear her good set of lungs. Here's KG's first picture- she was pretty blue when she was born. James cut her umbilical cord and then they brought her over so I could see her. Then James and KG went to another room for her bath and measuring while I was sewn up. 7 lbs 3 oz 19.6 inches
Before 9, I was back together and in the room with James and KG and she nursed like she'd been doing it her life a little while later. Here she is with bright eyes while we recovered together.


I was pretty groggy after my surgery but was happy to see my parents and the boys early afternoon. They were super excited to meet their new baby sister. I'm not sure T understood but he copied his big brothers in a 19 month old way. KG and I were super sleepy so they didn't stay long but everyone got to meet each other. Friday my parents and the boys came back to visit. We had a sparkling cider toast to welcome KG and shared some cookies that the boys helped bake. The boys all got to wear their Big Brother T-shirts and try out the Daddy bed- K had been talking about that bed for weeks.

Grandma got to come visit Saturday morning!

Here's KG in her carseat ready to go home Saturday afternoon-We had a celebration dinner that night- hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, and 2 pink cakes- we sang happy birthday but KG didn't get any cake! So many blessings!!






1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

So sweet! You are such a good mommy! The kids are all so cute! I hope that you are settling in well with her. The boys sure look like they enjoy having a baby sister!