Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Getting ready

So we had a really good weekend then a normal Monday but with gorgeous weather so we got to be outside a lot! Tuesday we didn't go to PWOC- I wanted to make sure we didn't have any more surprise or lingering illness and I had a dr appt Tuesday afternoon. Pops Leon came to watch the boys. K was way too excited to take a nap- everyone noise had him jumping out of bed. I made it in plenty of time- even got a nice quiet drive where I could listen to the words on the radio. I heard a song that talked about waiting on the Lord and while I'm waiting I worship You. I didn't know that song was meant for me to get ready for the wait at the dr office- an hour! I went back and forth between enjoying the quiet, using the time for quiet time with God, and being impatient! Thankfully when I met the doctor who will deliver our little girl (unless God has other plans), she was wonderful! I did wish James could have been there to hear her. She definitely went over all the risks of another C-section but sounded very knowledgeable and competent- not overly or underly concerned and she was super nice. Even gave me a hug on the way out and scheduled another appointment with her instead of through the front desk. I'm really glad that our little girl should stay with me after the birth instead of us both being carted off to different recovery spots.

After a good dr appointment, I made a last (maybe) commissary trip before her arrival and then headed home. I was greeted with "can we go? we were good. can we go?" by two boys- I'm sure little T would have joined in if he could say all those words. The boys had a great time playing with Pops Leon and were very excited about the Golden Corral. so we loaded up and the boys ate way more than their age prices- free for C & T. They were very excited to pick out some of their food especially dessert- ice cream on top of a cookie with strawberries and M&Ms on top. After good bye hugs, we headed home. We got to talk to Grandma and are praying about her biopsy coming up in 2 weeks. She has lots of prayers going up right now- James from Iraq, the boys and I from here. We're also praying for Leon's upcoming surgery next week.

This morning we slept in- since the time change the boys have slept past 8 am each day- I don't know if that's ever happened before. I did decide to skip naps today- partly to enjoy the great weather and partly for a better bedtime- at least one of those turned out well- guess which!
We went to the park by the library on post, had a picnic, and got to see some Fun Friday friends- which K got a kick out of since it's Wednesday. Then headed over to Melissa's house- it was great to see her and her kids. I told her I wouldn't say it again but it sure would have been nice if they'd moved in our neighborhood. The kids had a great time playing together and we had a good visit even if T thought he needed to stay in my lap half the time. After a yummy taco salad dinner (with most of the right ingredients), time for baths, a little playtime, and then a rough bedtime. Aaagh!!!!! I decided that the rough bedtime did help me with cleaning up a little before my big belly made me ready to sit down and rest. Another exciting thing today was getting a blog comment from Steven- my long lost brother :) maybe we've found a way to keep in touch- although his blog date said last year so I don't know if that's very up to date. Maybe he'll join Facebook! Anyway, God gave us a gorgeous day outside and so many blessings- including 8 days until James is home!!

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

The restaurant is Rudino's on Bragg BLVD. I thought it was pretty good and the kids loved eating all the pizza they wanted. I won't be able to be there on Wednesday because we are always in a rush on Wednesday to get things done before church Wednesday night but planning on being there on Friday-as long as I feel better. I was still sick yesterday and am feeling still a little sick this morning. Hope that you have a great week!