Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy 4th of July

It's November- I'm thankful that I can still blog about July! Definitely lots of ups and downs in this post. 

I was so happy that James and I got to go out on a nice date night before he flew to Korea. (Thank you Grandma!) We splurged and did zipquest! So much fun! It was the perfect day out. Beautiful trees and waterfalls. So nice! 





After ziplining, we went to our favorite Fayetteville restaurant- the Mash House. Dinner was good but our favorite is always the Big Bad Blondie- yum! Great way to end a super date!


The entrance to our own hiking trails- well, maybe not ours personally but we almost always have the whole place to ourselves- and we learned this week (November) that we can hike for hours back there!
Can you tell who is who? T loves his Daddy hair cut!
We enjoyed our Blue Star visit to Old Salem. It was so neat to tour the different buildings and learn about the time period. We even enjoyed some old fashioned sodas and treats from the bakery!
Love our festive 4th of July shirts!
We had our graduation by the tree!
 3 generations by Grandma's swing
Now the teary part- good-byes are never fun. Of course, this isn't good-bye but see you later. but still hard. It reminded me of 6 years ago. I'm not sure which was harder. I did read this poem recently from the 2008 airport trip. I guess it doesn't matter which is harder- it's just different. I can only be thankful for all the time that we have together and look forward to the time when we are back together. And make the best of the time apart!


We did try to distract our sadness with some donuts before church. I was so thankful to have a great church service to go to after the airport instead of straight home.

No comments: