Sunday, November 16, 2008

Roller Coaster Day


After a wonderful Saturday of lots of time with other moms & time that my kids played with other kids under the watchful eye of wonderful caregivers, today was quite the rollercoaster. Before I tell of some of her ups and downs of today, I should say what a great night we had yesterday. The boys all wore themselves out playing at Manna in the morning so we all took good naps and then headed to Home Fires (a program through a local church which supports wives of deployed soldiers through monthly dinners complete with free childcare.) We had a very yummy dinner & time talking while the kids ate and played with other kids. It was great!
all that said, I shouldn't complain about today, but it was such a rollercoaster! We started out great- K & C slept in until 7- yes that's sleeping in. Everyone loved my breakfast casserole. K picked out very cute clothes for all the boys for church (he still likes to match- I know one day he'll outgrow it but now it's cute!) Then the roller coaster started heading down- I really wanted to take pictures of these adorable boys with cute nondirty clothes, clean bodies, cut & washed hair. (I began my haircutting days yesterday- I don't think I'll go into business but they look pretty good if you don't look too close!) The boys were just not having anything to do with picture taking- no one looked at me, no one acted right, they didn't listen, ... Finally I gave up on the pics & we headed to church (the roller coaster was going back up! Michael Fletcher preached a good sermon, I saw lots of friends, the boys were in Sunday School!) We headed home (& T fell asleep which later turned out to be the beginning of downhill.) Still good James called, K & C ate their lunch nicely & then played together for a long time so nicely that I was able to have an uninterrupted phone call with James until the end of it when C hung up on James while I was picking up screaming T from his bed. Hindsight 20/20 I should have let him scream until K & C were in bed, bc T being up was way to exciting for the other boys to go to sleep. Again, I gave up & decided we'd go somewhere. Then the computer woes began, arguing/ not listening boys, ... so the smart person I am, we decided to go to walmart. I was still determined to get some pics of these cute boys. We didn't get pics taken but fortunately, the boys behaved amazingly well in Walmart. So well that I decided to stop at the library after Walmart (well, their good behavior plus I wanted to check out a book for me- I've given up on TV.) The library trip went ok until the rollercoaster reached the lowest part of the day as a man in the car next to us said to me "so you've got the grandkids for the day." :( On a positive note, I did NOT say to him- "just because your mother was 15 when you were born doesn't mean everyone is" (but I guess I did think about saying it to him.) But what a not great thing to hear. The rollercoaster is headed back up since I put all 3 boys in bed before 7, I'm blessed with a wonderful family (even if boys don't always behave), we miss James but he is safe even if far away, God is very good to us, my friend opened the rootbeer so I can have a rootbeer float tonight, and I have some chocolate in the house (even if it was supposed to go in a Christmas package.)

I posted that way too soon as it's after 7:30 now and I think C has climbed up K's ladder at least 10 times now. So... I know today's roller coaster will still end well- it just may take more prayers (and more chocolate!)

No comments: