Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thankful!

We're enjoying adding things to our thankful journal. we don't yet add them daily but as I think about it. Daily would be good. I don't usually write my thankful entries here but today we had some unusual ones:
I'm thankful that
1- no one broke into our house last night
2- we have a good alarm system
3- the thieves weren't super hungry- they left the granola bars in the car
4- for all the things the theives didn't take- bicycles, tennis racquets, strollers, ...
5- the thieves weren't too needy- they left behind the nickels and dimes
6- they didn't take our Park Quest book- we've already done 7 quests!
7-we didn't have anywhere we needed to be this morning
8-they left our vehicle registration
9-our glove compartment is much cleaner now
10- kind neighbors called to check on us when they saw a police car in the driveway
11- the police weren't here because we were in trouble (as one child thought)
12-new neighbors stopped by to give their phone number in case we ever need anything
I could probably come up with a dozen more but I'll end with
I got to pray with our children for the thieves- we've been talking about the verses that say "do not return evil for evil but pray for blessing for those who persecute you" and today we got to live it. 

So much to be thankful for!

No comments: