Friday, June 21, 2013

Park Quest 6 and 7

We headed out early Monday morning for Park Quests 6 and 7. We had our frequent on the go breakfast- egg muffins- but my short cut of using egg substitute was not such a good idea. When I took them out of the oven Sunday night, I saw they left a lot to be desired. so... I disguised them with biscuits. I was very happy to find this list of Ambleside Online books so we can listen to some of our AO books in the car. 
PQ 6 was South Mountain- a hike on the Appalachian Trail. We were blessed with a beautiful day- perfect temperature for a hike. 

We took a picture at the Basic Quest turn around spot- Weverton challenge but it was such a great day we decided to continue and do the bonus quest.
We enjoyed the beautiful view and surprised some hikers at Weverton Cliffs. One saw me carrying Baby C in the Bjorn and asked if I carried her the whole way. I started to make a joke but decided a simple yes was better. the trail was pretty steep but the kids really did great.
so great that we headed to South Mountain Creamery for 2 for 1 ice cream- yum!! Love that place! After eating some yummy ice cream, we got to play in the park and see baby cows, goats, and sheep. I didn't tell the kids that next week they'll get to live with a calf at the Cole Farm.

even Baby C got to play!
We had a little bit of an adventure finding Cunningham Falls but still enjoyed PQ 7. On our scenic route, T and baby C got a nap, we got to see the Cunningham Falls beach, and drove through a beautiful national park. We enjoyed the lock box hike but the kids' favorite was the aviary, turtle pond, and zipline. Fun times!


No comments: