Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Focus!

So it's almost midnight and the house is quiet- except for the washing machine and me on the computer. Why am I up now? I know why I got up- one almost 4 year old boy made his nightly trip to our room. But why am I still up? I walked past the computer to check one thing. Then I stumbled onto one neat blog, which led me down to another with a cute craft, then I found a woman with 5 kids 6 & under who is doing such cool things with them, so I started out reading them, then found myself feeling bad that I'm not doing all those things, and bam now it's almost midnight. How could I have better used this time? read my Bible, sleep, pray, actually planning homeschool stuff instead of letting the good idea fairy (or worse the why can't I do more) get carried away, clean, organize, ...
I did find this great link on a friend's blog. wait that's to my church- I should be doing that now instead of thinking of all the things I'm not doing. Blogs are great unless you spend too much time on them, or you get down on yourself because you're not doing all the cool things others are. maybe I need a blog detox- my facebook one was really good for me. I do think I'm going to borrow my good friend's ideas of not turning on the computer until afternoon and writing down the things I want to work on in my life- more of Jesus, less of me. I don't think He gets wrapped up in blogs! good night- sorry for all the ramblings!



No comments: