Monday, January 11, 2010

Birthday bash

our day didn't go quite as I planned, but reading Janelle's blog before we set out this morning helped me pray for contagious joy while I go out about the day to day tasks of being a mom, wife, friend, & follower of Christ. We were accomplishing things- the house was fairly clean (aside from lots of toys about), I just learned a new word on flylady- CHAOS- can't have anyone over syndrome. we don't have that- although that may be due more to my being more okay with people seeing our everyday lived in look, than a super clean house. anyway I digress...

breakfast eaten, kitchen cleaned, birthday hugs given, kids dressed, kids loaded up for Keegan's speech, going to be on time when I got a phone call that his speech was cancelled for today. For a couple minutes, I was pretty upset- it takes some work to be all ready & out the door & for what? but I decided not to let them steal my joy so we called a friend, picked up her son and headed out for a morning of fun. A quick trip to the library, then coffee (for me) and biscuits with jelly & playtime at Chick-Fil-A to celebrate C's birthday (again!) He has had lots of celebrating this year. We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's. Then Thursday we began celebrating again. Thursday we went swimming on post with new friends. Then Friday we went to (how do I type a drum roll on a blog) Monkey Joes with 40 (or so) of our closest friends. We even got to take a friend in the car with us. 3+ hours of bouncy houses & pizza- how fun!

The party continued Saturday with Grandma & Pops Leon coming over to celebrate. C had a space turtle star was superman party & tons of fun- even if it was 30 degrees outside. He was so excited by each of his presents & loved his birthday cake- a turtle cupcake cake. We had a good time. Would you believe the celebrating went on another couple days. Sunday after church friends came over for playing & leftover hotdogs. Then Sunday night we went rock climbing. C loved it (except when he swung on the rope to the hole and got stuck way up high for a while but he did climb right back up again.) Both big boys did great climbing & T had a blast playing. KG patiently hung out in her stroller most of the time. Then a kids eat free pizza place for dinner!


Contagious Joy For Us

No comments: