Tuesday, July 28, 2009

learning from our kids

Yesterday I can't remember what we were talking about but I said something about learning from the boys and K said "you're a grownup you can't learn from kids." of course, I laughed because I know we learn so much from our kids. I could go on all day about all the things I've learned (except I've also learned that quiet time doesn't last all day!)
so a couple things I learned today. We got home from swim lessons (which I've learned are really good for helping boys nap) and got ready for naps. KG was in her carseat grinning at everyone. Then in my lap grinning at everyone. Then I put her on the floor for some play time (she can almost rollover now) and she screamed bloody murder. she was hungry and thought when I put her on the floor instead of her comfortable spot with me. That somehow I'd forgotten about her and that I didn't see her needs. Isn't that just what I do- when everything is comfortable, I grin at the world, but when I'm out of my comfort spot or feel like I have unmet needs, I cry out "hey- what about me?" As I watched KG today, I thought of some favorite verses that talk about God providing for us when we're in need and how He knows when we really need. I turned to Malachi and didn't fid the verse I thought but did read this:


"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it."
Malachi 3:10
(When I'm in need, do I hang out to the little I have, because I'm afraid He won't provide for all my needs?"

"He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord." Deuteronomy 8:2-3

(Do I know that hard times make me stronger?)

Yes, we learn lots of things from our kids

No comments: