Monday, February 2, 2009

KG's Delivery Scheduled for March 26th!

I had another good ultrasound today. She's growing right on track- I'll be 32 weeks Thursday. Ultrasound trainers looked at her too- and said she has a beautiful heart. They may have been talking about the clarity of the picture and structure of her heart, but I'll claim that blessing of a beautiful heart for our little girl. Other good news was the doctor scheduled my C-section for Thursday 26 March. I think it was more so the fact that I've had 3 C-sections than KG being breech that made her laugh when I asked about a VBAC. They did say she was not cooperating well today since she didn't want to stay still at all.

We had a pretty quiet weekend after three days full of friends. Saturday morning the boys played in the indoor playground while I went to childcare training. I signed up to help but as I thought and prayed about it, I kept hearing that this is not my season for that. We have quite a busy couple months ahead. I really felt a peace as I told the childcare leaders that I would have to wait until later to help.

That night I listened to the Manna cell leader training online and learned the new prayer emphasis in cell groups. Of course, groups were always encouraged to pray, but even more emphasis on prayer now. And I heard a prophecy about this is the time to be bold, not shy, to make mistakes from being in drive, not in park. Those all really spoke to me about the group I'm leading. Then Sunday morning Pastor Fletcher talked about why the church doesn't obey (like Jonah didn't); one reason he said was the church worries about people leaving. All of those things helped tell me I have to step a little out of my comfort zone and really be "in drive" to help bring women together in our group. It's not enough to just coordinate a place, I need to work and pray to help make connections. I think God gave me some blessings to encourage me- as I had two ladies volunteer their homes to host group babysitting nights which will help to bring people together.

Sunday was another good day. We went to church and then spent lots of time outside. The boys "fed the deer" by making presents of sticks, pinestraw, and pinecones which Santa K & Elf C delivered to the deer. They were so excited that the deer "ate their stick candycanes during the boys naps. Our neighbors stopped their family game of hide and seek to talk with us for a while. We are so blessed with great neighbors all around us. Although little T thought we talked too long, he was very ready for dinner & wolfed down several servings of broccoli and red beans and rice. Then we all enjoyed yummy rolls straight out of the oven- Yummy!!

No comments: