Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One Bathroom House

The locking monster strikes again. Thankfully, this time no pregnant women had to climb out of windows, but we may be down to one bathroom until James returns. :) Where do you get those keys that are supposed to go on top of doors?

Other than that, we've had a pretty (what's the word- quiet & slow don't seem to fit) week where we haven't done much away from home bc the boys had runny noses & coughs. Sunday we went to most of church. Monday we went to K's speech therapy (I've started maximizing that 30 minutes- last week 2 boys & I went to the post office, this week we went to the grocery store while K worked on talking like a turtle.) Tuesday we tried to sign K & C up for gymnastics, but K's class was full already so maybe karate? We didn't go to the PWOC Christmas program, which was supposed to be K's acting debut (he was going to hold up one of the letters that spells Christmas). If you'd seen their morning show, their coughing doesn't seem to be slowing them down any- I just haven't wanted to spread germs (as K now reminds his brother). I tried to upload it but I think the unicycle riding/ ball juggling/ banana eating all at the same time was a little too much for facebook.


We have done lots of "preschool" at home- some baking (although I burned the biscotti a little & have been forced to eat it myself instead of sharing), some decorating (although I'm not sure which got decorated more the table or the ornaments), we finished raking the yard (no more racing stripes- funny the things you sometimes do to make work fun)


I thought I'd share one of our frequently used recipes- it was quite a hit tonight! make sure you follow it exactly :)

Open refrigerator, find any leftovers (meat, beans, rice, veggies, ...), mix the leftovers with salsa (or any other condiment that seems like it goes with it), wrap into tortillas, place in baking dish, cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 until hot. (I've been thinking about sending this one into allrecipes.com but thought they might want amounts listed)



No comments: