Monday, September 8, 2008

Positive Spin

8 SEP
So I tried to make today as good a day as possible for the boys- complete with a trip to the park with chocolate chip cookies from Grandma. We went on a long walk- especially far for 2 & 4 year old long legs, had green smoothies, cheese, and fruit for lunch, and went to see our neighbor's puppy. (The first dog Chase ever pet!) Then ribs, baked beans, & watermelon for dinner. After all those good things I wasn't sure what I would hear when I asked K what his favorite thing today was. His eyes lit up- he was so excited about seeing his daddy on TV. The boys all loved hearing Daddy talk to them & then read some of their favorite stories.


Wow- we can learn a lot from our kids. The boys didn't spend yesterday thinking about having the last dinner together, last ice cream together, and today thinking about the first time with James not here at night; they just enjoyed all the good things. I should do that.


9 Sep- well, we made it through the first night with James gone. I thought more about the boys' looking at the good (usually) like being excited about the trip to the airport instead of sad about Daddy leaving, so here's mine for today. Since everyone was up before 6 this morning, we had time to go to the recycle center and Child Youth Services before they got busy. Since I got lost on the way out of Child Youth Services, we were able to go on a nice long walk around the inside & outside of the building. I could have been upset when the toilet overflowed, but I choose to be happy that Keegan doesn't need help in the potty (except maybe more instructions on not using half a pack of toddler wipes!) I could be upset that I ally deleted pictures from today, but instead I'll add pictures of our boys. Here's K turning 4, T turning 1, and C at the beach.

OK, a dear friend told me that blogging was easy, but apparently you have to do something a little different. I really thought I followed all the directions but my pics and slideshow aren't there. Maybe my friend will have to drive across the country to teach me how to do it :)

No comments: