Thursday, September 18, 2008

Even more blessings!













You can tell I'm not really computer savvy by seeing these captionless photos that aren't where I meant them to be. So here are my captions: who knew grits were finger food, here's another favorite daily game: hide & seek, look at all my baking: bread, focaccia, monkey bread (which needs a new name bc it's too healthy to be called that!)

Other than my computer struggles, we are really being blessed. We had another absolutely beautiful day- perfect weather! We went to a playgroup in our neighborhood Thursday morning. K & C rode their bikes all the way there & back- watch out Lance! I was so proud of them. They had a blast playing with the other kids, played together nicely outside after lunch, and took very good naps! K & C had a good time at K's soccer practice. Apparently T worked up quite an appetite playing in the dirt. He ate 3 pieces of pizza at Jeff & Jenean's house after practice.


Would you believe that we were invited to another friend's house for dinner again tonight- three nights in a row! Wow- we are so blessed! And on top of Janelle's frequent phone calls to check on us, a wonderful woman from PWOC who I don't know very well called tonight. She said she remembered I said I thought Friday nights would be my hardest times so she called. How sweet!

Today was our first Fun Friday. The kids had a great time & it was fun to be there with old & new friends. We went to Honeycutt Park. C climbed to the very top of the big kids' rockwall- then he realized it's harder to go down than up. T thought he's ready to get out of his stroller & onto the playground. K did so much running around that he napped again today- yeah! He's been coming up with lots of questions/ thoughts about heaven lately- like today's "do we need our fingernails cut in heaven? what about our hair?" and "I don't think there are any flies in heaven."
I'm also excited that I learned a new way to make steel cut oats. I saw a recommendation to soak the oats overnight. They take less time to cook and I read that "soaking cracked or rolled cereal grains overnight in warm water will vastly improve their nutritional benefits.”

"To ask why a good God would allow suffering is like asking why would a doctor put a needle in the backside of a baby with a needle to innoculate them? ... God is a God of purpose. Although the purposes for suffering may be hidden from us in this present life, His reasons are always wise, specific, and good." JONI EARECKSON TADA










No comments: