Sunday, January 13, 2019

Nursing Home Caroling 2018

I wanted to write this while the memories are fresh in my head. And I really want to choose to capture the thoughts of all the good the things from yesterday.
  • hearing the sweet little lady say "This reminds me of when I used to teach Sunday school. Then being so thankful to hear us sing "Away in a Manger."
  • watching the woman just fill up with joy as she hugged Caitlin and another sweet girl.
  • hearing the woman say "did you come here last year?" and being so glad to see us.
  • seeing Ms. Teresa happy to see us and asking us to sing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"
  • hearing Ms. Josie say she was so glad we're there
  • seeing the man happy to shake my hand but then overjoyed with a hug
  • hearing the sweet woman start the second verse of "Joy to the World" and then continue with the third
  • hearing the chorus sing 
  • seeing the kids share joy
(I do want to write a couple ideas to improve for next year.)
Ask 4 people ahead of time to be group leaders for the goodie hand-out
Give each child  a goodie bag/ card to pass out (if they want to) before you start
Get a diagram of rooms. Highlight for each group leader
Find new person to be in charge!

No comments: