Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Meal Plan Monday

well now it's Tuesday   Wednesday and again I didn't meal plan. I did order groceries online. I guess I'll plan meals from what we have instead of what we're getting. I need a plan! not just for this week but for every week. I'm hoping my wonderful husband will help pick a plan- hint! hint! or any of my dear friends and family!

I did find this Meal theme blog post tonight. but it may have a few too many ideas for me. I'm not saying God planned wrong but I definitely could have lived in Little House days- where there weren't so many choices of everything!

maybe
Mexican Monday
Travel tuesday
Warm Wednesday:  comfort food
Thrifty Thursday:  leftovers, cheap eats, use up last bits (think soups or fried rice)
Friday night Pizza night
Saturday night grill night
Sunday night 

that still leaves breakfast, lunch, and snacks to plan for. seriously are we supposed to school, clean, and play too- feels like we eat all the time :)

breakfast is ok. we usually alternate oatmeal with eggs & something (pancakes, waffles, puffed pancake), then cereal Sunday

lunch I need a plan: gonna check out some of these 

I'm not the only one struggling here- simplehomeschool.net/menu-planning-make-ahead-meals-the-busy-homeschool/ has some good links. I really need/ want to start freezer cooking- one of these days!! 

http://www.thekitchn.com/beyond-taco-tuesday-20-more-ideas-for-meal-templates-223100

No comments: