Sunday, December 2, 2012

First meal out

It seems that lots of traditions didn't start out as planned traditions but you do something and enjoy it and so you do it again. I remember that saying from our trip to CA wine country- "how do you know if wine is good? If one sip, invites another." I think that's true with our first meal out. With K, our first meal was for brunch at the Hubbards- very nice. With C, everything was different since he stayed in the NICU for a while. After T was born, we went out to a nice Sunday brunch at Legends in Kansas. With KG, we went to Joe's Crab Shack. 


But I think Baby C may have the honor of the yummiest first meal out. She slept through the whole thing but we all really enjoyed Miss Shirley's. The kids were all decked out in new Christmas sweaters. We got lots of compliments on how cute they were- someone even said "best behaved kids I've ever seen at a restaurant." 
The restaurant was all decorated for Christmas.
Check out the pretty girls in red sweaters. A friend of my parents made the hat for Baby C.
James enjoyed a yummy drink.
The kids loved the coloring placemats- they were cute. They had lots of games and were all about breakfast.
It was very hard to order- so many yummy choices. I got the Trio of Breakfast Sliders
K & C got the crazy box french toast breakfast.
James got the Big Easy Benedict. I didn't get pictures of my Dad's Crab Cake Benedict (the yummiest crab cake I've ever had), my Mom's Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast, or the Cinnamon Roll French Toast KG and T shared. Everything was delicious!


No comments: