Monday, August 27, 2012

What's for Dinner?

Sunday night- must be chicken!
James has always been a terrific griller and he usually grills a lot on the weekend so we can eat meat all week. But since he found this terrific idea:  butterflied grilled chicken. he's been grilling 2 or 3 chickens almost every Sunday. So good- very moist. He seasons them differently so it never gets old. Healthy. Fits with his healthy paleo diet. So proud of him for completing his Whole 30. He lost a lot of weight and body fat. I don't know how he found it to lose because he wasn't big before but now he's in ever better shape! Kind of wish I'd done it with him- maybe next year!

I'm not quite ready for all of us to eat paleo- I know lots of people do and love it. but it seems expensive and hard. Here are some recipes we've tried that have been good:

Enchiladas James wrapped his in cabbage and the rest in tortillas

Frittata This recipe is good because you could easily sub any veggies you have on hand

Sweet Potato/ Egg Hash James has had this lots

Sweet potato and kale chicken patties Everyone loved these- we needed a lot more

Banana ice cream : I haven't tried all these flavors but we had it tonight with almond butter- yum! Next we're going to try mango- just puree frozen mango

Snack ideas:
Kale Chips
Nuts
Fruit


I'm planning on trying:
Peanut Butter Breakfast Bread Pudding

Chocolate Monkey Bites

Paleo Meatballs

Bacon Brussel Sprout Salad

I really want to try this because my hard boiled eggs are often hard to peel

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole

Pumpkin Bars

Homemade Lara Bars

Some veggies I want to have more- bok choy, portabello mushroom, spaghetti squash,












No comments: