Saturday, September 20, 2008

Worn Out Boys

I guess after getting up before 7, a soccer game, playing with grandma, no nap, playing outside, and 2 mile bike ride little boys were very tired. I didn't hear a peep from K & C when I put them to bed at 7. We all had another really good day. I had to dig out jeans for C & T for the first time since the weather dropped down from mid 80s last Saturday to maybe 60 today. C was pretty sure that he should be able to play in the game; somehow the sidelines didn't sound like where he wanted to be. T was happy to have grandma to rescue him from the captivity of the stroller. They both attempted to make their soccer playing debuts. K had a blast playing today. Last week I think he confused being a guard (I hope that's the right word) with staying still. This week, he didn't stay still at all; it wasn't necessarily running towards the ball, but he was moving around and excited. Fun is what it's about when you're 4.
Since grandma called this week and said she was coming down, K has been making suggestions about where I should go. He was very excited when I said I was going to a baby shower and I was equally excited to go to a baby shower without 3 little helpers. I knew they were having a good time with grandma and I was able to eat lunch & have whole conversations with friends. It was so nice! My friend Paula is having twin baby s and Heather did a wonderful decorating job! I'd never seen so much pink!
We showed Grandma our "Daddy's Far Far Away" DVD- K is getting very good at keeping up with the pages. Then saw Grandma off and played out in the yard. The boys ate the last apples off our tree and we headed on our longest bike ride yet. Dinner, baths, & right to bed and the beautiful sound of sleeping boys! We are so thankful for all our blessings!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I really enjoyed my visit on Saturday. I always enjoy my time with the boys, and it will give Mommy a well deserved break. I'll be back soon.

Love you all!!!