Friday, September 12, 2008

Where's Daddy?

Every morning C wakes up and says "where's my Daddy?" K asks "what country is my Daddy in? Does he have a camel to ride?" T doesn't use as many words but he's pretty clear about what he wants- milk, food, and to walk! I went to a Dr appt yesterday and the boys' had their first baby sitter here (Nana & Grandma are family- not sitters) Everyone was sleeping when I left and happy when I got back so it was a success. The only tears were C that Mommy changed his diaper instead of the baby sitter- I should have come home few minutes later!
Well, I almost cried since I missed James' phone call while I went to the Doctor.
But the Doctor's office was near a health store so I picked up some needed carob covered peanuts, flax seed, and steel cut oats. Although I'm not sure if you can still call them "steel cut oats" if they're blended smooth. I thought that loving SC oats was part of being a Lewis boy but as T cried with every bite I'm not sure. I put his in the blender and suddenly he loved them!

Each night before bed K asks "do we have something exciting tomorrow?" Before James deployed, I was happy to have James' coming home as our excitement. Now, I'm kind of with K, we need a little something exciting. So we were very excited to get invited to a birthday party on Saturday. We're glad to be here with good friends, a wonderful church, and near family to help us through this time. And a big big God to take care of us.(As K always says "God's the biggest!" He added "He has the biggest neck" after we saw the giraffes at the zoo.)

No comments: