Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The sun did not shine

We woke up this morning to more rain. (K's praying that the rain finished today so he can play soccer tomorrow & Saturday.) We had a good day at home. T is pretty sure he doesn't want to nap in the morning anymore- probably because he wants to show off his new walking all day. Somehow "The Cat in the Hat" came to mind:

The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold cold wet day

I sat there with three boys.
We sat there, we four.
And I said, "How I wish
we had one person more."

He's in Kuwait now
Too far to play ball
So we sat in the house
But can't do nothing at all

We started with dominoes
Then moved onto cards
After bowls full of oatmeal
I was ready for the yard

Our middle one said
"I'm a big boy now;
I can do it myself.
I'll show you how."

The smallest is very proud of himself;
He can walk all the way from the chair to the wall
And just this morning
He started throwing a ball.

The biggest boy is full of questions-
All day: "What, where, when, & why?
What's Daddy doing?
Tell him I squooshed a fly."

I've been working on moving the piles
Of laundry, papers, and all sorts of stuff.
I need the Cat's big cleaner
To make cleaning less rough.

We are doing alright
But really do miss
Our favorite fifth person
Who we'd all like to kiss.

My days stay busy
with Things One, Two, and Three
But always we miss
Amd pray he soon return to me!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

You should be a poet. Very touching.

Love You!