Monday, September 8, 2008

Daddy's going far away

When you're 1, 2 and 4, taking Daddy to the airport is a fun adventure. When you're 34, taking your husband to the airport to leave for Iraq is a little different. Still I put on a cheery face most of the time and tried to enjoy their excitement about the escalator, airplanes, and video games. As we were leaving, C did ask why I "had pouties in my eyes." The last day or so I've tried (often unsuccesfully) not to think that this is the last dinner together, last walk together, ... I wrote on facebook that I was trying not to try and got lots of encouraging messages from wonderful friends. Then I read Psalm 51:11-12 "Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me." God will be with me while James is far away.


I'd been thinking about starting a blog for a while. I love reading how Janelle & family are doing on her blog. I've cried as I read the blog "Bring the Rain." But I never felt ready to actually start one until this morning. We left the airport- me teary eyed, the boys excited about the fun trip to the airport - and headed to Mazarick park. I wanted to check out the walkway to see if it would be good for our upcoming Sophie's Walk. And I wanted a fun outing instead of returning to an empty messy house. We had a great trip- the boys loved splashing through the water from Hannah and looking for animals. As we walked, K kept asking where his daddy was now and where he's going next. He said "you know Daddy loves us very much even when he's far far away and I love him." C asked what's for lunch but he misses his daddy too. They talked about our trip to the zoo Friday and how Daddy showed them where he would be.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Your strong faith will keep you strong. God will be watching over James while he is away. I am only a phone call away if you need me for anything. I Love You All!

Grandma