Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun Times

Last night we went to our first My Manna Connection night. Our church started having these cell group sign-ups right when we left for Kansas. It was a lot of fun- the church was filled with tables which had either food or a display about a cell group. K & C helped me make a board about "Fun Fridays." They even helped me carry it in- along with a dump truck to help the people know we had little boys! During cell group leader training, the cell group coordinator described the night as "fishing in a bucket." He was really right- it was great! I talked to so many women who seemed very excited about getting together with other moms. Should be fun!

This morning we went to K's speech therapist (AKA by C as peach teacher!) Everyone enjoyed it-C &T play with blocks & puzzles while T "works" on his speech- he has gotten so much clearer. But the most fun was taking the boys' bikes to a track at a nearby park. They had a blast. We go on lots of walks/ bike rides in the neighborhood, which I mostly like (except for me saying lots "hurry up, catch up or wait up"). On this flat track, they cruised around like little Lance Armstrongs. We all loved it- you could tell by K & C's big grins & T's sweet snoring! After two laps, we played at the park and made some new friends. One of those times that just felt right. The fun day continued when we got home with hungry boys eating all their lunch and then everyone taking good naps- yeah!!
I even got a nap, was able to chat with James, and had success with my camera. I was a little worried that my picture taking was coming to a stop and I would have to wait for Janelle's arrival to take anymore. My batteries died & I had never changed them. But I've added that to growing list of things that James usally takes care of that I'm doing now (unclogging toilets, downloading pics, weedeating, mowing (although a good friend offered to help with that!, operating the remote control, the list is growing & growing- just adding to the reasons we can't wait for James to come home!)

No comments: