Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good Visit & Beautiful Weather

Here's our newest roller skater/ croquet player enjoying the good weather!

I really enjoyed having my Mom here to visit. It was nice to have her here & I so appreciated being able to make breakfast with peace & quiet, having someone help with the dishes, help the boys get dressed, going to the grocery store by myself ...

We listened to my Grandmother telling stories on CD about growing up near the beginning of the 20th century. She began with her earliest memory from 1914 as a 4 year old. My Mom and I sat and opened pecans as we listened to stories of cotton and tobacco picking, farm animal care, the novelty of having an outhouse as your outhouse, working together with your neighbors. My grandmother's father died when she was very young- her mother raised the five kids as a single mom. I am not a single mom but these last few months have made me especially appreciate both my husband and what single moms go through. I remember hearing sometime Dr. Dobson talking about how single moms don't want a lot- a little time to themselves- which I can really relate to by how blessed I am when I get to go to a doctor's appointment or the grocery store. I have really appreciate the visits from family which have given me a little time to myself.

We have also enjoyed great weather this week. We've had days in the 70s and spent lots of time outside. I really think God designed little boys to be outside- the boys have been going to their deer spot in our back yard and were super excited when we started going on walks through the woods near our house. They told me we needed to be very quiet so we didn't scare the deer away. Little T and I are getting closer & closer to the same speed. He got to walk on the trail for the first time this week- he would get going so fast and then reach for my hand right before toppling over. We went one day with good friends and their dog. C was torn between being scared & fascinated by the dog, but halfway through the walk he got brave enough to let go of my hand and go in front with big brother and friend.

Thursday we spent most of the day outside- starting at the Pine Valley Play Group. the boys loved jumping on the trampoline- although T wanted to be way up high on the playground equipment lots too. All that playing made 3 hungry little boys and one hungry little girl- the boys were so excited that they got to bring a friend home from playgroup. A little playing outside at our house after lunch got everyone ready for good napping and then more outside time at K's first soccer practice this spring. We had another good day outside today- Fun Fridays at the park and then a big walk around the neighborhood where we got to talk to lots of nice neighbors.

We are so thankful to God for the great weather and for healing our friend's new baby girl. Ashley called last night to tell me that her baby was in the hospital with blood problems. We prayed & asked others to pray. This afternoon Ashley called back to say that her baby had improved. Praise God!!

No comments: