Saturday, December 13, 2008

Good Day

So we went to bed early last night to be ready for a fun day with family today, but I didn't expect quite the adventure that we started with. I'd just been thinking we were having a nice morning- 3 boys woke up happy and not too early, then waited pretty patiently as I made pancakes. Just as I thought that, K ran into the kitchen and said "Mommy, T's in my bed". I walked into the boys' room and saw our 15 month old had climbed K's ladder and was happy as he could be playing on the top bunk. K watched as I took him down and then I heard C run in, yell "I locked it", and slam the door. So there the four of us were locked inside the boys' room. I calmed down a little since I knew that Grandma and Uncle Brian were coming today so we could get out. I was very glad we got a one story house as I climbed out the window today.
From our slightly crazy start, we had a wonderful day! Grandma and Brian got here before 10. The boys were super excited to see them. I left to run a few errands- it's amazing how much I appreciate a little time away from the boys and how much easier errands are with only my own carseat to buckle. Then, I came home to folded laundry, changed sheets on the boys' beds, and a wonderful lunch that Grandma brought. T made his rounds around the table seeing who would give him some ham. Then, we opened the wonderful presents from Grandma, Uncle Brian, and Leon. The boys were so excited- I was too! We read some of the boys' new books, had a costume party with the Brian bears' new clothes, used their telescope, T learned to open presents, C was excited about everything. I got a a calendar with quotes about peace for moms (I needed that this morning :), a beautiful antique cow plate, and a gift certificate to go to the spa (along with the promise of Grandma to babysit when I want to go- how sweet!!) We were so blessed today with all the wonderful gifts and the day together. I wish James could have been here too!


No comments: