Thursday, May 14, 2009

KG's new room

well, some might call it our closet but it's amazing how much better we're all sleeping with just a closet wall between us. I think it's each of us not hearing every single move then other makes. of course, she's only 7 weeks so we're still doing our share of getting up at night. Now, if I could just get her to nap while the boys are napping- I could get a nap! although I do get some sweet time with my baby girl while her big brothers are in their beds (and I get to update this blog!) 
She's super cute and has made me realize baby girl clothes are very cute- and cloth diapers are super cute on girls- check out her brown & pink diaper cover!

So I had a great playdate with a friend yesterday- I hardly get to see her- the kids got to play too!  :) It was great to be able to catch up while our 8 kids played- well, KG mostly napped and her son is still in her belly- she's due with her first boy in August- but the 6 "big kids" had a great time. She shared this verse from Proverbs which I'm working on memorizing bc it really spoke to me-
Pr 29:17 "Discipline your son and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul."


So K, KG and I went on a special shopping trip yesterday and got this great toy organizer- 
I think the package said shoe organizer but my friend Jewel had a great idea of using one for organizing toys- right up K's alley as you can see by his carefully aligning his shoes in their closet. 
I've been thinking lately about nature vs nurture- like when K picked up a piece of scrap cardboard yesterday and said he'd like to save that for a project. Did he inherit or learn my packrat nature?  

Here's pics of some of the kids here for our cookout- James smoked a pork shoulder. It did take 22 hours to smoke but it was very very yummy. And our friends brought lots of yummy food- very good idea for everyone to bring dessert!



T's first science experiment- we made a goopy glob- very messy with a 21 month old!

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Sounds like things are going well. She is getting so big. Hope that you have a great week!