Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Here's Grandma, Uncle B, Pops Leon, the boys & our sweet baby girl after her baby dedication at church
Boys with Daddy after the jump- K & C want to be jumpmasters!


T was so excited to see the trucks and planes! 

I'm not sure why I'm calling this post Cinco de Mayo- we're not doing anything related to that today. although if I'd been thinking about it we might have had Mexican Lasagna today and yummy lasagna my Mom made from the freezer yesterday, but I didn't think that much. Maybe getting more sleep will help my thinking- I had my first stretch of 4 straight hours last night from 10-2 and this afternoon took a 30 min nap- my first in a while. It's good to appreciate small blessings. 
Today was my first day of "normal" with the 4 kids. I had my first day of just me and them last Monday but James didn't go to work until 8 am so it started out different. I did have an exciting first morning out with the kids. I called the advice nurse about some pain I'd been having and she told me to come in that morning so instead of a leisurely first trip out with four- I rushed to get to my appt on time and then waited with 4 for 1 1/2 hrs to see a doctor who didn't seem to appreciate my having four little ones with me. Then I learned that you can't have kids with you if you go to an xray.  We decided to go see James jump after naps which the boys loved. I was glad we went but bummed that someone lost a parachute (how do you do that?) so James couldn't meet us at the hospital (my second failed attempt to get an xray/ us.) That night right after feeding KG, I went on an exciting outing by myself to get my xray done. Tuesday morning I learned you can't have a newborn with you for an u/s so I wandered the hospital wondering what to do. I kept thinking of the great women who'd done my 12 u/s during my pregnancy so I went in there. They were wonderful- one held KG while the other did my u/s. Praise God for great people. 
that night the Cole's arrived- Janelle, Rob, and 4 cute kids. My boys were so excited the next morning. A week of nonstop playdates! Most of the time we just hung out at the house and enjoyed the big back yard, wonderful weather, and lots of riding things- we're a party by ourselves. Janelle and I did manage a night out- we dropped the oldest 4 kids off at Awana's (thanks Mary Kay!!) and headed to my kind of shopping. (About 15 minutes in one store where Janelle found clothes for me and I just tried them on.) We did manage to sneak in a treat from DQ before picking up the kids. Thursday we enjoyed a trip to the park and then had 2 hours of quiet house- 8 kids 8 and under napping at once! We were so excited to get a friend's phone call that afternoon that there was a jump that night so we packed everyone up and got to see another jump. Then Friday morning off to the airborne museum. Saturday we went to Fort Fisher. a boy's heaven- a huge sandbox. 8 little boys running around playing in sand and water and 3 daddies, 1 cute little girl and 2 sweet babies. It was great! It was so wonderful to have great weather, good friends, and Daddies to play with their little ones. One day I'll have some pictures to add- I didn't take many but thankfully Janelle did- usmajcole@blogspot.com.
A wonderful visit- then we were very thankful that James had yesterday off as we got back to normal. I had another blessing this morning when a friend pulled up the same time as me at PWOC so she helped me get everyone in quickly out of the rain that almost kept me home.

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Sounds like you have been having fun! Also glad that you got some girl time with your friend!