Sunday, March 15, 2009

Waiting

I wasn't ready to get the message from James Saturday that instead of arriving home this coming Friday, James is now scheduled to get home Monday. We had plans for a night out, soccer game together, church together, ... (Here's a pic from the soccer game game Saturday in the cold which I'd hoped would be our last one without James. Despite the rainy cold, it was great to see how the kids have gotten so much better at soccer.)Now I realize a few more days isn't the end of the world- no, I wouldn't choose to wait longer but I need to trust God that it will be okay. James will see his boys, me, his mom, and his little girl (I am really praying for him to get home before she's born.)
so 15 kids & 4 moms here Saturday night for our group babysitting night was fun and a great distraction. The kids all did great- of course, what's not to love about friends, coloring, pizza, cookies, popcorn, and movies!
Well, Sunday we were glad to be back in church and got to hear one of the pastors speak. He talked about when God tells David that he is not to build the temple, but his son Solomon is. It was great to hear him talk about God's plan for our children to go farther in God than we are.

I did suggest to Janelle turning off the computer. God apparently knew I needed more than advice so we had several power outages Friday night that finally convinced me to turn it off. Now, if I'd just keep doing that although I still keep it on some in hopes of hearing from James. But we did use it today to learn about Ireland and some good St. Patrick's Day songs. The boys colored and decorated green papers with shamrocks. We also made good use of green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day food- for bkfast we had green milk & green oatmeal. For dinner, green pasta, broccoli, green milk, and pistachio pudding. For family time, we sang "I'm a little shamrock" and here's T singing his favorite song "Awesome God." Thankfully we had another good bedtime- I think it might have been bc C didn't nap this afternoon- too excited about having friends come over to visit. Now, I should get up and go get something done around the house but sitting feels much better! Not many bedtimes left until James is home!

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Awww-I am sorry that you have to wait an extra few days to see James but praying for his safe return! Hope that you have a great rest of the week getting ready for your husband to get home!