Sunday, March 22, 2009

Almost Home!



So I planned for Fun Fridays to meet at Pope Park Friday so we could watch James' plane land and then go meet him. It didn't quite work out like that but we did get to hang out with friends and watch planes land. This pic of the boys having lunch gave me flashbacks to when K was T's size and sitting at the table with friends- they all seemed so big then! How time flies! t was pretty neat this day to be with lots of new friends & with Page from my West Point tennis team & her daughter. Now we think James and her husband are on the same flight back home. So we may be hanging out together Monday waiting for their flight to get in.


I had been looking forward to James going to soccer with us Saturday morning and we missed him but we did make it through another game and pictures too. K's been telling me all the things he's been learning about soccer- pretty neat. Saturday night I was really glad to be able to go to the HomeFires dinner since James wasn't home. In February I told everyone thank you and that I wouldn't be back since I would be at dinner with James. That didn't work out so it was really nice to go have dinner with lots of wonderful women. What a great ministry!


Sunday we went to church where I heard about Evangelism for Dummies- what a great message. I'll have to listen to the podcast at www.mannachurch.org since I'm sure I'll miss next week. We did put our welcome home sign up today- I don't think James will see this blog before he gets home since I'm praying he's on a flight right now and will be here tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I am so excited for you guys! Glad that you are on the way to get him. Sorry I had to miss Friday. I am hoping that we will have no more appointments on Fridays-it messes up everything!