Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The body at work

Wow! Today was pretty busy, tiring, and amazing in lots of ways. Pretty awesome to see how God works. I went this morning to see my doctor but when I got there she had to do an emergency C-section and told me to come back in an hour. So we headed to the library/ park on post. A good friend of mine was picking up her mom at the airport today then headed out of town and we weren't going to get to see them for several weeks. But who should "happen" to walk up at the park but my friend. Her flight was delayed and my doctor tied up in surgery so we got to enjoy the nice weather and lunch together.

Then home for quick napping before our Fun Fridays Clothing Swap. I got there and was absolutely amazed by how giving everyone was. We had way more things brought in than I would have ever imagined. We definitely needed more tables and more time to set things up. It was wonderful- everyone helped together- watching kids, sorting clothes, ... Then after everyone got the items they needed everyone helped pack up and move the remaining items to the storage building to be donated to people in Campbell Terrace (a neighborhood our church helps.)
We even had two husbands there packing and loading- a huge help at the end!

So a good day but I was worn out. I was so glad that my boys were super excited about having leftover oatmeal for dinner- you would have thought I'd said pizza for dinner. And then I just got a phone call from James. He's in Kuwait now waiting to fly back home- yeah one step closer!

No comments: