Friday, August 24, 2012

Park Quests 12 & 13

After enjoying 3 Park Quests on Tuesday, I couldn't wait to do some more so Thursday we headed out early again. This time we started at Tuckahoe State Park which was beautiful. I'd love to go camping there sometime. We found a super tire park first which the kids loved. We had super weather and enjoyed the quiet by the lake. 

 After a little playing, we headed out to the disc golf course. It's amazing the difference in the kids' frisbee throwing since we last went. The kids also enjoyed figuring out all the animals from the clues.
 Next we drove back to Sandy Point. I'm so glad we did. We had such a great day! The Park Quest hike was pretty, the nature center and park rangers were super nice, and the weather was perfect. We were very happy for the free Cliff bars especially since I didn't pack quite enough food for hungry kids!
 But the most fun was the beach at the end. I didn't tell the kids until we got there so they were surprised and excited. What fun!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jak,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about family vacations near Tuckahoe to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you!
Jane