Monday, November 17, 2008

better Day


So today wasn't perfect, but it was much better than yesterday. First we got a couple pictures from James and got to see him on Skype wearing the dinosaur mask that K made him. Then, I got another good update on Ty- he has been laughing & today returned a salute from a Marine CPL who saluted when leaving his room today. I got a nap today too! The pumpkin pie with whipped cream I just ate made me think less about a 4 year old saying too often "I don't want to", a 2 year old not wanting to go to bed, and a printer that is sure that there's paper still stuck in it. Other good things, K & C really liked packing their Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes this morning. We tried to drop them off this afternoon but got there a little too late- we could use a project for tomorrow!
K's speech went really well. He was so excited to tell his teacher that he can say "Four & Five" very loud & without biting his lip (the speech trick that helped him start saying F right.) K loved his karate class today- they did play sparring where they tried to pull two belts off their opponent- K had a blast & won his turn. We did stop by a karate place on our side of town but couldn't schedule a first session bc the scheduler had just gone to the Golden Corral. I must have forgotten our earlier attempts at eating free Veteran's Day dinner at the Golden Corral since I told the boys hurry & we'll eat there. So they hurried, then I drove up & saw the line that went way way way into the parking lot so we went home. The boys weren't too thrilled to go home for beans when they thought we were going to eat out. they ended up liking our dinner- my version of taco salad- this time the only thing I substituted was peas instead of meat- pretty close!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I'm Renee (Janelle's friend). I'm so happy to hear your good "pink" news! You are in my prayers!