Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pi Day Part 2

We have really enjoyed Pi day the last few years- starting with 2013 and 2014 in Baltimore. I can't believe I didn't blog about Pi day 2013- maybe it was being busy with new baby who isn't so new anymore:) anyway, we've had fun with Pi day. In 2013, we went to the Maryland Science Center- we had a good time doing the activities but the highlight was probably the pie from Dangerously Delicious Pie. We were glad there were five of us so we could get one of each pie- the Baltimore Bomb was our favorite!





Our 2013 Apple Pie


In my search for ideas for pi, I found that we started our Pi celebration sooner- from Facebook post 2011 "enjoyed a good pi day- we stayed in PJs until 1030, made a blackberry pie, green shamrock cookies, and lots of bread, read about history of pi tonight."

I'm not sure how the shamrock cookies fit Pi day but I'm sure they were good!

I didn't know until today that Pi day became an official US celebration in 2009 so we've been celebrating most of the years. Today we started off our day with Pi pancakes. I didn't get copies but the kids had 3.14 and Pi before circle pancakes.
 For lunch we had egg pie (quiche). K made some neat pics for Pi day. This shows some of his favorite pies.
 for dinner we had chicken pot pie and then the highlight of pi day- s'mores pie
 Our pi on the floor- C wanted to do one in the air but I didn't want BG to fall down.
 K and KG both made Pi with our math blocks.
 KG
I didn't get videos of our fun songs like
We wish you a happy Pi Day
We wish you a happy Pi Day
We wish you a happy Pi Day
To you and to all
Pi numbers for you
For you and for all
Pi numbers in the month of March

So three point one four!

These were our favorite videos Lose yourself in the digits and A Long Long Time ago

and of course everyone got their turn to say pi. 
A little tasty fun before James gets home!

No comments: