Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring

I love spring. I think it's my favorite season. Well, until we go swimming in the summer, hike and play in the leaves in fall, and play in the snow in winter. :) But really I do love spring. Everything is fresh and new. Beautiful flowers, trees budding. Weather's perfect for walks and days at the park.

This year I think I've really appreciated the days leading up to spring more than usual. I loved seeing James plant seeds with the kids. (A good reminder of how it can take a while from when we plant seeds to when we see the fruit)







On our walks, we've watched the trees' and tulip's little beginnings of buds 



grow and grow. Sometimes it seemed very slow
 sometimes we were so busy having fun we didn't really notice the growth

but then seemingly overnight beautiful flowers.  



Now I find myself wishing the flowers wouldn't fall down. I sometimes wish it wouldn't the wind wouldn't blow and rain wouldn't fall because it's making the flowers fall soon. Then I remind myself to enjoy the flowers while they're here. This season isn't forever but I don't want to miss the beauty by worrying about it fading. And another season will be beautiful too- in its own way. And to enjoy the moment- not worry that everything isn't posed quite like I would choose. 
Maybe this spring has spoken to me more because I'm listening more. Maybe because I have a sweet little baby who's changing so fast. And 3 boys and a girl who are growing fast too. I don't know why but I do know I want to appreciate the moments now because they do change so fast! 







See how fast our sweet baby's changing- she's already reaching for Daddy's ice cream!

No comments: