Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gratitude

I really want to keep one of the long lists of things I'm thankful for and list them here but somehow mine end up a few here, a few there. I really like the 1000 gifts app- it's great to snap a picture or jot down a thankful thought as we're out and about. I also like writing in my journal- love the new leather one James made me. occasionally I include some things I'm thankful for in this blog. I really want to be more intentional about my thankfulness. I found this great website today which lists lots of verses about thankfulness. I really love the verses from Colossians 3: "And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."


As we choose peace over bitterness, be thankful. 
As we teach and worship, be thankful.
As we change diapers, discipline children, clean up messes for 10th time, put away clothes, ... 
as we do everything, give thanks. 


I am so thankful for God, for my husband, my children, our families, the spring, James' job, the beautiful garden right down the street, our clothes, our country, new life, and the list goes on and on!

No comments: