Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thankful

I've always enjoyed reading Janelle's gratitude journal entries. I've often thought I should do that. So important to be thankful of all the blessings I have instead of thinking about what else I'd like to have. Kind of like Peter walking on water and then when he focused on the wind and other problems he sunk. I always loved that song "Fix your eyes upon Jesus." And tonight as I relearn Colossians. I typed over and over on scripturetyper.com "be thankful" "in all things give thanks" "sing with gratitude" ...

so here's the beginnings of my thankful journal
1- God loves me so much He sent His only Son to die that I might have eternal life
2- I have a terrific husband who loves me
3- I have 4 wonderful children here with me
4- I have a great family- parents, brothers, in-laws
5- I have some wonderful friends
6- my husband works hard to provide for our family
7- I get to stay home to teach our children and care for our home
8- my husband is living here with us- not deployed far away
9- we got to make Valentine crafts today
10- I get to spend eternity in heaven
11- we live in a nice warm house
12- we have plenty of good food to eat
13- we have two paid for vehicles that work well
14- we have plenty of clothes, toys, stuff...
15- I get to go to Bible study tomorrow morning
16- we're making friends here in Baltimore
17- there's tons of fun stuff to do here
18- I still have some great friends in NC
19- I think we'll get to see the Cole's several times this year
20- C is very excited about his new watch from Uncle Steven
21- we're planning another beach trip with my parents
22- I got to sleep for 7 uninterrupted hours last night

so many more but i better go to sleep now. who knows what the night will bring.
12-

No comments: