Thursday, July 23, 2009

Duck, Duck, Moose

a slight twist on the old family favorite because of a sure cute T-shirt Nana & Papa brought back from Alaska. we played tonight after dinner. My plan was just to burn off some energy for a good bed time but I got so much more than that. K was the first "ducker" and went around the "circle" in perfect clockwise fashion. He duck, duck, duck, duck, moosed and then continued his perfect clockwise run to C's spot. C's turn- I have absolutely no idea what order he went in since there was no order. When he "moosed" K, he took off running somewhere, ended up laughing in the garage and finally came back a while later. T did his own thing too. Some could be their ages especially T- but some fits with what I've been thinking about lots lately. Children are not a blank slate but a garden- it's my job (and James') to tend our kids' gardens- weed, prune, water, fertilize, ... to produce a beautiful garden. As I see everyday, our kids' gardens are very different- but both beautiful.

No comments: