Monday, October 13, 2008

Learning Lots

So T is sure that he is a big boy now. He is starting to talk. He gets very excited when he see a banana and says "Ba" over & over. Today he reached for his milk & said "Ma". Then after dinner, I said it's time for a bath & he said "Ba" and tried to take his clothes off as he ran towards the bathtub. He couldn't get there quite as fast as the other boys who are super excited about Thomas things in their bath!

C has learned how to use the brakes on his big boy bike. If he'd learned a month ago, he wouldn't have holes through the toes of his shoes, but he is very excited about it now. Although now that he's learned to do the brakes, he doesn't want to- he's figured out how fun it is to fly down the hill.

K is learning how much he likes coloring, especially connect the dots & color by number (I think they fit his slightly OCD thoughts!) He loves coloring pictures for Nana, grandma, the Cole kids, and especially Daddy. He also amazes me daily with his observances- like "we used to drink milk for every meal before JPEA came. we have enough milk now."

I've learned lots of things. Here are a few: there's really nothing on TV, I really miss James being here, I don't know how to fix doors or sprinklers, there's even less on TV when MLB is on, I really like our new church service, I'm glad I started the Fun Fridays group, I can squoosh bugs although I don't like to, you don't need all the ingredients from a recipe to make dinner, you don't even need a recipe, I could go on all night but I think I'm headed to bed. I was up early like usual- I even made pancakes, two recipes of banana bread, & a loaf of pumpkin bread before 8 this morning. (I mostly followed the recipes too!)

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Recipes are not all bad! And I know how to improvise too - just not altogether re-write recipes!! I am glad the boys are enjoying "more milk" and I am sorry I missed the little guy trying to talk! Talk to you soon! We miss you guys!

jaklew said...

Disclaimer: I did not in anyway mean to imply that Janelle does not improvise. She is an excellent cook & both follows recipes & improvises very well (maybe not quite to the extent I improvise!)