Monday, October 6, 2008

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

The good. We had a great day today. I thought Janelle was a little crazy when she suggested getting a babysitter- who could we find to watch our brood of kids? so we got two sitters! Their mom called this morning to confirm the time & offered to bring them early- yeah! It was pretty crazy to have 6 hours without the sounds of little ones. We ate lunch without fixing 9 plates, walked into stores without holding 7 little hands, and watched a movie that wasn't a cartoon! We saw "Fireproof" which was really good. I'd heard people say all couples should watch it & I really agree. I can't wait for James to get back so we can watch it together. What a good day!
The bad. I did get back to find 6 sets of very tired eyes staring at the TV screen after watching Shrek- wasn't planning on that for our little ones yet.
The ugly. I had to send exhausted K to bed early from dinner & he had quite the meltdown. While I was taking care of that, I returned to find Janelle cleaning up C's dinner after he tried to swallow all his carrots at one time. Thankfully I'm not including any pics from the ugly & the ugly only lastest about 1/2 an hour although it seemed like much longer!
I love our boys and love spending time with them but it was nice to spend a little time apart! When I got home, the boys and I got to wish my Mom a happy birthday! C thought I meant Nana was here so he went looking for her but then he & K both enjoyed singing Happy Birthday!

No comments: